...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Thursday, May 10, 2007

10


May 10, 1997, Wedding Day



fall 1998, Indianapolis



August 2003 with Luxie



January 2006



April 2006 with Zaine



July 2006



April 2007

So here we are....10 years later. So very strange, i tell you. I keep trying to get it into my head, ten...TEN...10...yeeaarrrsss. We have gone thru so many changes, highs, lows, homes, illnesses, joyous moments and amazing adventures during our marriage. Things like deciding to make music a full time occupation. Or finding out I was pregnant as we were driving to catch a cruise ship. Having to live with parents and having parents live with us. Travels to England, Amsterdam, and even South Africa. The sadness of a miscarriage. Driving across country several times together (sometimes fun...sometimes not so fun.) The deaths of beloved family members. A trip to the Price is Right. Family reunions and high school reunions. Beaches. A recording contract or two. The births of two beautiful girls. Cars, oh the cars. Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and Atlanta. Christmas memories I hold so dear. Hearing his music on the radio for the first time. Nights spent up playing the most intense board games, and hours spent laughing after them. I could go on and on. It's really been ten years? It's funny, when you put it all together as one big package, you can really see how amazing a life shared with another is. We are getting older now. I can see the lines around the eyes that didnt used to be there, and that familiar face has changed over time. And yes, there are a few things I could really do without. Those little things I thought would go away but instead have hung around thru the years. But I love the peace that comes with knowing he'll be with me forever. I love that man, and I thank God he loves me too. It's been quite a journey thus far and I cant wait to see where God takes us from here.

4 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

Praise God for marriage :) I absolutely loved seeing that wedding picture. So adorable.

1:46 PM

 
Blogger Joy Madison said...

wow!!! I love the photos!

3:12 PM

 
Blogger Thinking out loud! said...

Happy 10th Anniversary and many more to come! I love reading your blog and glad you are back on.

2:57 AM

 
Blogger andrea said...

well, I'm late... but happy anniversary! the big 10! love (and remember) everyone of these photos here. miss you guys so much!

9:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home