...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Saturday, May 12, 2007

a glamorous meme

Jo at A Glamorous Life posted this meme and tagged whoever felt interested. As you know Im always interested in a meme, so here we go...

My (Current) Top Five Obsessions:

SLEEP~ yes party people, when you have kids sleep becomes an obsession. a never ending quest for a full night of sleep has been my passion for almost 5 years now (you have to count pregnancy time in there too, because the Lord knows no one sleeps well with something growing in their stomach.) Sleep, oh sleep, how i long for the days of waking on my own around 930am and wondering what to do with my well rested self. nights spent out on the town confident of hours of wonderful sleep ahead of me..."what? it's 130am? no problem, i can sleep til 10 if i like..." oh the nights spent sleeping, how i miss those days. sleep while you can my kidless friends. enjoy those 8 hours you toss away everynight. the only comfort i have at 3am with the baby is that mothers across the world are up wide awake with me.


FOREVER 21 FITTED T-SHIRTS FOR $4.80~ I actually have almost 10 of these tees, and I LOVE THEM. They are long enough to provide "kid lifting" coverage and fit just right...not too tight, not too loose. I collect a few each spring and wear them all year around. I dont think ive ever bought a single other thing there, but these tees are da bomb.


TiVo~ I just really think this is the greatest invention ever for television viewers. I could spend hours updating my Season Pass and scheduling episodes of my favorite programs to record. Deleting old shows, creating new wish lists, it goes on and on. Im telling you people (yes you and you and you..you know who you are..) you really need to experience the TiVo revolution. Remember how amazing it was to have your very own cell phone? Your first experience with the internet? You gotta believe me, it will blow your mind! It will leave you thinking to yourself..."what in the world did i ever do before this??"


PASTA~ Im not sure you could say this is my obsession so much as my family's obsession. See, i love noodles. Im a pasta loving girl. Macaroni and cheese, pasta casseroles, spaghetti and meat sauce, what have you. But my girls have made pasta an obsession because it is almost the only thing they will eat. Zaine has some form of noodles at least once a day. Right now her diet consists of noodles, cheese, apples, grapes, or crackers. Luxie will only eat bread products and chicken. And of course sweets. So pasta has become a Corrona Family obsession. It's not one of those interesting obsessions, either, but rather an almost nauseating one. Im so tired of fixing pasta all the time, and surely, one of these days the girls will grow tired of it too, right? I mean, if i have to look at one more plate of pasty white noodles with a little salt and butter I just might gag. Seriously. When will it end???


GARDENING~ Now let me explain. I am by no means a gardener. My idea of gardening consists of making sure I put water on the tiny seeds we recently planted in the three flower beds around our home. I also pull the big menacing weeds that pop up around the place and I pick the dead blooms off of the flowering plants that are growing. I have also become a big fan of the weed-eater because we do not have a lawn so much as a tropical forest surrounding us, and in order for the kids to walk around to the back of the house, we have to weed eat the yard. There are two very nice grassy spots for the girls to play on, and I have mowed the lawn three times now, but the weed eater has become my favorite yard tool. But back to the tiny seeds...Target had these packages of wildflower seeds for sale in their $1 section and my mom was kind enough to buy a couple of bags for us while she was here. We planted there and now we are watching them sprout up to about the length of my pinky finger. It is so exciting to watch the growth take place and has become a fun little diversion from our typical daily routine. I really think once the kids are older (Zaine, actually) and i dont have to keep such a close eye on them while we are outside I will really begin to enjoy the whole gardening thing. but for now im content to watch the seeds grow.

2 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

I'm so with you on sleep and tivo :)

11:41 PM

 
Blogger mommy zabs said...

oh yeah and glad you found me again. i missed you.

11:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home