...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Sunday, July 15, 2007

meme

Hi friends. I was tagged by mommyzabs to do this meme and you know me...im all about the memes. It's just a little short one, but still fun!

The rules are that i must list 8 facts/habits about myself, then tag others to participate should they wish.

1. When I wash my hair in the shower i almost always think of those commercials where the woman is washing her hair and how relaxed and beautiful she looks doing it, then wonder how in the world she keeps from squinting and scrunching up her shoulders. it's pretty amazing, you know?

2. I have started three different books (one was a sitcom pilot, ha!) that ive never finished. I would love to write a book one day and have it published but i have to wait until i have the time and courage to get down to it.

3. Nate says I have this habit of "looking around" when I take a drink out of my glass. I dont really understand what he is saying because Im thinking "where does everyone else look when they take a drink? The only other option is into the bottom of the glass!" I dont get it...

4. I eat a plate of cheese nachos just about every night around 10pm. Some of you are already aware of this because of previous posts on the subject, but it is one major fact/habit of mine. I just love them. On the nights I am all out of chips or salsa I am so sad. I miss my nightly snack.

5. I sometimes feel like my teeth are too big for my mouth. I will leave it at that.

6. I tried smoking for about 3 weeks during my senior year of high school. It was quite ridiculous, actually, because I have chronic asthma so I could never fully inhale. Instead I concentrated most of my effort on trying to look cool while doing it. The faking it got old quick and I quit before I really even got started.

7. I have this habit of continuing to talk if there is an awkward pause in conversation with someone I am still getting to know. I even go on to say things that make no sense in terms of the conversation sometimes. I just get so nervous I keep talking.

8. Ok, let's just let it all hang out here. In high school I worked at a local pizza place and (I cant believe Im telling you this because i would NEVER do it now) but when I would bus a table that had a whole uneaten pizza I had to throw away I would take it to the back and we would eat quick bites before throwing it out....(I say 'we' because although I cant remember anyone else doing it I am CERTAIN that there were others involved in this...)

9 Comments:

Blogger meridith said...

i loved reading this and i think you should write your book someday, i'd read it :)

2:32 PM

 
Blogger Joy Madison said...

I agree write a book:) I love reading random things about people:)

10:47 PM

 
Blogger lulu said...

thanks for the encouragement....maybe i will....hmmm...

10:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! If I think about my eyes while I'm drinking out of a glass in front of others, I start to get a little nervous, cause then I'm all where am I supposed to look? Will I look goofy looking up at the person in front of me, while I have this glass in front of my face? Will I look even sillier if I'm looking into my glass? What do I do with my eyeballs?

Angie

The other thing is if I'm talking to someone & I start to notice that I'm looking into their eye(s), I get really uncomfortable and awkward & I can't look at them in the eye(s) anymore. I look off to the side, at their forehead, I look around & then this starts to make the person I'm speaking to really uncomfortable.

2:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm such a dolt.

My name (in the above post) clearly shouldn't be in the middle of the post, but I didn't realize I was typing it there. Sorry!

Angie

2:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
I emailed you at Classmates.com, but worried that you wouldn't get it so I am writing here as well. Although we haven't been close since we were 3-5 years old (remember when your mom and my mom decided that we should have chicken pox together?) it is very cool to see how similar we still are. My husband, Matt Wagenhoffer, just went back to Walla Walla for his 20 year reunion. I realized that we don't really grow as far apart as we imagine. I am hoping to get your mom's email or snail mail as I am making a scrapbook for her 60th birthday. You can email it to me at wagy1@msn.com.
Monica (Richter) Wagenhoffer
PS I too enjoyed reading your blog. It seems theraputic :-)

11:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, the perfectionist in me knows to proofread and didn't. I am hoping to get your mom's email or snail mail ADDRESS and the scrapbook is for MY MOM not yours. Ahh! I am tired and need to eat dinner and spend a minute with my hubby now that the kids are asleep. Sorry for the sloppy first blog!
Monica

11:33 PM

 
Blogger lulu said...

angie, thanks for the comment! i am exactly like you in the fact that if i realize i am looking right into their eyes i get all uncomfortable and nervous...then i start thinking about that instead of the conversation and that is when i start rambling on to strange subjects...

8:07 AM

 
Blogger lulu said...

Monica, yes i remember you--and i will email you. so glad you stopped by! by the way, are you married to greg wagonhoffer's brother? if so, please say hi to greg for me. he was always so funny and kept our mechanical drafting class entertaining for me (why was i in mechanical drafting?)

8:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home