...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Top 5 vacation memories

This one was inspired by my sister-in-law...

Top 5 vacation memories
5. Spring Break 1993, or in Atlanta otherwise known as "the Blizzard of 93." After dating about 3 weeks my boyfriend (now my husband) invited me to go visit his sister in Georgia for the week. Little did we know we would be laying in the sun just two days before the blizzard struck--and would spend the next week shut in together with his sister and her boyfriend (now husband) and no way out. (we broke up in the car on the way home.)
4. As a child my grandparents took my family with them to Hawaii one year, and although I loved it then I see now what an amazing vacation that was.
3. Our very first "vacation" with our daughter this year, not knowing how it would go but just going for it anyway.
2. Heading out of town on vacation and thinking, "Hmmm I sure felt queasy today....oh heck let's just take a pregnancy test to be sure." And then learning I was pregnant with a 10 hour drive ahead of us and a week long cruise awaiting.
1. Sitting on lounge chairs on the beach at about 9pm with just a little sunlight left listening to the ocean with my husband next to me talking about our life together and about our future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home