...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Monday, November 14, 2005

R.I.P. Fishy Fishy

Today marks the death of our first family pet. Fishy-Fishy, our red Beta fish, officially died during the night. He hasn't been doing well for about a week now, and as I sat sobbing over him three days ago I realized there was nothing I could do. (Count the sobbing up to pregnancy hormones and a feeling of responsibility for letting him down.) I just dont know what happened! He was fine for months, and even survived two different trips to Cousin Ava's house while we went out of town. Then about a week or two ago he started swimming funny and not eating much. In the end he wouldnt move all day except to come up and eat a bit. Then he wasnt moving at all, except once in a blue moon. And finally this morning it was apparent he had bit the dust, so to speak.

Luxie, thankfully, has no clue. She thinks he is resting. But I will have to get rid of the evidence this evening before things get stinky, and it breaks my heart a bit. I will miss Fishy Fishy. It was fun while it lasted. R.I.P. little buddy.

3 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

I'm sorry you guys have to go through this. :( I'm sorry you are sad. I personally am completely freaked out by goldfish partially becasue of their death rate. I had so many die... but i'm sad my friend is sad.

9:14 PM

 
Blogger meridith said...

it must be a bad day for fishes.....our goldfish at school died too. i am sorry your fishy died :(

10:13 PM

 
Blogger andrea said...

oh no!!! not sweet li'l fishy-fishy! we are going to miss pet-sitting for him... her???... anyway. sad to hear it. fishy fishy, I hope you are somewhere swimming in heavenly waters.

9:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home