...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday 2.21



YIKES!! Yes, that is me.

This week I decided to post what I consider one of the more light hearted yet "dreadful" photos Ive saved of myself. Ok, I know it doesnt necessarily fall completely under the guidelines for the "All Of Me" self portrait month, but I figured it qualified due to the phrase "use old photos of yourself that you hate but could never throw away - that dreadful high school photo..." etc.

OK, obviously I look terrible with a full beard! Let's face it! I mean, thank the Lord women arent meant to have facial hair! As you can see I was trying to copy the image of Abe Lincoln for a class called "Stage Makeup" that I took as a part of my BA in Theatre. Lots of people enjoy dressing up in costume and putting on stage makeup. I, however, do not. I hate putting stuff on my face, especially after I have already put "stuff" like makeup on my face as a part of my daily routine, and then I am asked to wash that stuff off publicly, asked to put on horrid makeup/mask type things...again, publicly..., then photographed in that horrid makup/mask stuff publicly. Then required to wash my face in a big line of sinks with boys and girls I dont know (boys being the bigger concern) and having to put my makeup back on all in 1 hours time before my next class. Im not a girly girl in 95% of my life, but going out in public without my "public face" (aka makeup and hair in reasonable form) is horrific to me. I dont wear a lot of makeup, or even spend much time on my hair, but enduring a class like this twice a week for a semester was gut wrenching for me, and quite humbling. I guess Im a bit vain.

So here you have it, another piece of me. And this time you are allowed to laugh!

5 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

I would have never known that was you.

10:33 PM

 
Blogger AJ Fabulous said...

That doesn't look like you at all! Isn't it funny how the most random things can stretch us. Thanks for sharing! :)

11:01 AM

 
Blogger GJ said...

Wow - that does not look like you at all!!! I loved this post....I haven't been keeping up with SPT this month because I have so many other personal dramas going on - but I've loved seeing everyone else's. GREAT!

2:29 PM

 
Blogger andrea said...

girl, I love this. I can't stop giggling.

7:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally remember this! What a funny memory. Now I want to go dig my own "male facial hair" photo out of the vault.
Kristen

2:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home