...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Monday, February 13, 2006

LOST and Grey

Ok, just a little tv talk here. I was probably the only one of millions of people completely disappointed with the Grey's Anatomy superbowl 2 part episode. I really like the show and usually find it to be a refreshing drama--realistic, not overdone like ER with the massive explosions, helicopter crashes and gunman in the ER each week. But the Superbowl episodes really disappointed me.

First of all, it was crazy enough having a guy with an explosive inside of him that had not yet detonated. I actually thought they found something pretty creative there, and having Christina Ricci guest star was cool too. Then Bailey went into labor and that was definitely exciting, especially with them trying to figure out what to do with the bomb guy. But from there it just kept getting more and more unrealistic. I know with the Superbowl they wanted to pull out all the stops, but my goodness! First Bailey's husband gets in a terrible accident on the way to the hospital, then suddenly it is Meredith with her hand in the guy. then Bailey is refusing to push, then as if that isnt enough, the older fella has the heart attack. And if that werent enough, we have the ridiculous "McDream" with McDreamy helping her thru the life threatening surgery. Too much cheese for me. I felt as though I was watching ER give birth to the next generation, and to me that was a tragedy. Please, Grey writers! Go back to the old formula! Dont look at the big numbers this past week and think you need to resort to bloated storylines to have a great show! It is already a great show, leave it alone!


Another great show that I love to watch is LOST. I have been reading some message boards lately about where things are heading and I am pretty impressed with some of the theories and speculations. One theory I loved was formed this past episode, with Sawyer gaining control of the guns. A number of people think AnaLucia was working with Sawyer in the con, and although it never occured to me while watching it, it totally makes sense now. How did Sawyer know about the plan for training an army? It doesnt appear anyone else knows about the plan, and surely Kate would have been included. Also, the menacing look AL gave when she turned to look towards Kate after Sun's attack. At first it seems to be out of anger about Kate's accusations of AL being Sun's attacker. But what if it was actually a "dont mess with me" because she was about to get the guns and she knew it? I like this idea and Im going with it until it is proven wrong. But they are definitely putting two sides against eachother, and it will be interesting to see who ends up where.

well, have to work on my SPT post...but let me know what you guys think about these two great shows!

4 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

as far as greys it was totally over the top but i didn't mind it :) The chief actually had a panic attack... that looked like a heart attack- they found out from his levels. if it were a heart attack i agree that wouldl be way too much... but panic attack makes sense :) I know i would have. The dream segmant was halarious... silly. I thought it was interesting how they set it up so mcdreamy realized he cared more about seeing meridith after... though that makes me really sad for his wife. I wish he would leave meridith alone if it is going no where! Next week looks interesting considering the guy mcdreamy's wife cheated on him with comes in town!
Lost- interesting to see what happens next!

7:35 PM

 
Blogger lulu said...

well i am glad to hear it was just a panic attack! i must have missed that! i still love the show, and plan to continue watching. i just hope they continue along the great path they originally started down. and yes, i cant wait to see what happens when Mark comes to town!

11:13 AM

 
Blogger andrea said...

okay, well I don't watch 'grey's anatomy' but do hear it's a great show. though it sounds like it's fallen prey to some sort of trap. anyway, about lost-- it's definitely taking some fantastic turns... and I just have to say that I love talking to you about it! I'm such a convert!

10:14 PM

 
Blogger AJ Fabulous said...

TWO OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS! For Grey's, I actually thought this past episode was pretty good. It definitely kept me on the edge of my seat. I rarely yell at the TV...but I yelled when I thought Derek was leaving after Meredith told him that her hair smelled like Lavendar. Then he came back. Next week will be VERY interesting. Also...I thought it was interesting that the Chief's wife knew Derek wasn't wondering if Addison was okay...but if Meredith was okay!

As for Lost...I didn't see the Charlie thing coming! It will be interesting to see what happens with "The Other" that Sayid catches this week! Hopefully we will get some answers. I want to know where Michael and Walt are. Also...what the heck happened to Desmond? Or the French lady? Too many questions!

11:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home