...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Im at it again

with my wrong word usage!

while watching "Iron Chef America" the other night the host was telling us all about squid guts (squid being the secret ingredient that night.) Nate missed the discussion, heard the words "squid guts" and let out a big "eewwww!"

"They are considered a delicatessen in some countries," I replied.

He paused for minute then said with narrowed eyes, "You mean a delicacy?" At the same time a grin began to appear on his face.

"OH, yeah, yeah, what did I say?" (something had sounded odd....)

Snicker, snicker, "it's considered a delicatessen!"

"Alright, Alright," I said. "I guess that's another one for the blog...."


So we can post this one up with my misuse of the words "calvary/cavalry" my mispronounciation of "po-ig-nant" and all the other odd phrases and usages Ive come up with. My own "pig latin" if you will. It's my own form of personal expression. Hurray for the English language!!

2 Comments:

Blogger meridith said...

haha so cute :)

11:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! I am the all-time champion in using the wrong words at the wrong time. Gussy is always laughing at my 'close to the right word or name,but just a syllable off or word off' statements. Hope you all have a great weekend! Visit todayintownecars if you guys find time. God bless.

10:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home