...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Sunday, August 27, 2006

waiting

Waiting is the absolute most difficult thing for me. REALLY hard. I mean, besides being pregnant and then waking up every night for who knows how many months with a baby, it is the hardest thing in the world for me. But then, being pregnant is also waiting, and so is waiting for the baby to finally sleep thru the night consistently. So yes, waiting is not my favorite thing.

I have trouble waiting for slow cars in front of me, do not like waiting at long lights or in long lines. I cannot wait to see what happens next week on my favorite shows and instead opt for the "spoilers" which spoil all the fun I would have had should I have waited. I detest let's "wait and see how things go" and growl at let's "wait and see" and "wait til tomorrow." I dont want to wait until your off the phone, or wait to hear from so and so before we do this and that. I have a very hard time waiting on others, (which is funny because I was a "waitress") and if a book is really good I often find it so hard to wait til the end that I jump ahead and read the big reveal.

I have a hard time waiting. Which explains why I am always a little anxious. And why I am really anxious these days. I am waiting on several things which seem as if they will never be resolved. Patience alludes me. Rest is no where to be found. I know the old adage "good things come to those who wait," but what about "the early bird gets the worm?" Im feelin like the early bird standing by a worm hole with wings folded on his hips and foot tapping impatiently on the ground. "Come on worm! I want answers, I tell you!"

Waiting is not what I want to do. Waiting is now my least favorite word. Waiting is....what I have to do. So I will be here. Waiting... and waiting.... and...

2 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

were we seperated at birth?

3:57 PM

 
Blogger meridith said...

ahhhh......i feel your pain

11:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home