...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

so you think you can dance

As a lover of dance I have been struggling with what to do about the absence of dance in my life. I danced for 12 years until I became pregnant with Luxie then, somehow, the days and weeks and years flew by and I have yet to find my way back. I still have this idea that once zaine is old enough i will get myself back in shape and be what i was before, but the realist in me tells me that those days are probably long gone. yes, i will dance again, i have no doubt about that. but i know that things will be much different. my body has changed significantly and it's been 4 long years.

so instead i watch tv! but really, is anybody watching this show? i love it, and so does Luxie. we've watched it since the first episode and we have loved every minute of it. the quality of dance portrayed on the show is excellent and the choreographers are amazing. i am living vicariously thru these performances and dreaming of what might have been. we are personally rooting for Sabra, as well as Danny (although Luxie is enthralled with Neil and wants him to win it all.) we will be watching Wednesday night to see the final routines before the winner is chosen on Thursday evening....will you be watching too?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hah from the sound of it you'd think she'd become a sod

for those who don't know, this woman is (still) quite a bit highly muscular--i think it may be a quicker route to getting started than, say, for me, who stopped lifting before i got married, and does *not* have the genes or fortune to have been able to keep it off :)

and dang if i haven't heard about that show again, for the past week ...perhaps its a sign that i should watch it. heh. i'm sure we could find it online!

j.

10:27 AM

 
Blogger lulu said...

ha! thanks Jon, you are too kind. but i do have a long way to go to get back in shape! and yes, you are really missing out. the show is amazing.

1:50 PM

 
Blogger j. wilson said...

I was totally into the show and geekily "yee-hawed" when Sabra won! Whoo-hoo! I used to dance in high school, no training, nothing great but sometimes when I watch dancers, my heart aches.

Keep on keeping on!

11:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home