...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Friday, August 17, 2007

there is

one thing that God has been hammering home to me lately and that is that tomorrow is not promised to any of us. Not me, not my beautiful girls, not my husband, no one. This could be my last day...my last day here, or my last day with my loved ones. We just dont know what each day holds. And I know He is asking me, "How are you going to spend it? This day that you've been given, what will you do with it?"

Tragedy struck my friend this past Saturday, and without going into detail, while I shared in her heartache I also received a big fat slap in the face. "Wake up! You are not promised tomorrow either!" With a sorrowful heart I realized how much Ive been taking for granted. This is not to mean that God is some ogre pointing his finger down from his heavenly throne popping us off one by one at his leisure, but He is clear in His Word that life is fragile. "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14), So why is it so hard for us to see that? We think we have all the time in the world so for today we can punish those around us with our mood or for now we can put off saying Im sorry. This is not the case. Please, try to understand what Im saying. Love, live, hug, share, let go, relax, enjoy, treasure, take time, forgive, smile, rest, appreciate, and be grateful. Cherish what you have been given while you have it. Tomorrow may be too late.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. :)

7:00 PM

 
Blogger Thinking out loud! said...

Amen Kendra,

That is truly what is important in life and we should live everyday as if its our last! Thanks for the reminder.

10:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home