...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Monday, May 02, 2005

o how embarrassing

As I made my egg-on-toast sandwich this morning it occurred to me for the first time ever just what "over easy" means. You know, "flip it over easy so it doesnt bust open and spread yolk all over the place." Where have I been? This happens to me a lot! I remember not too long ago the post I made about pronouncing words incorrectly because I sound them out when I read. I feel like that Chris Farley character on Saturday Night Live "Man, Im so stupid! What an idiot!" as I rip my hair out and slap my head in ignorance! So then I proceeded to go thru all of the "egg names" and figure them out. "Sunnyside up" hmmm, ah-ha! Keep the yellow up with a nice bubble of yolk on top. It's like subconsciously I knew it, but it arrived like an epiphany this morning. Ok, have your good laugh and your "glad Im not that dense" moment for the day! I'll try hard to boost your ego again tomorrow with another story!

2 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

laughing so hard.

It is funny when you really think about stuff you have always heard and not thought about before. I love those little new discoveries!!!

10:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mom used to make me an egg that was 'poached'. It was an egg in a half shell that was soft and you ate it with a spoon. So why 'poached'? Sounds un-appetizing, but it was good!

1:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home