...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Thursday, July 07, 2005

We now own a cadillac....

Sorry it's been a while, but fankly, Im lazy. No! We've been busy around here...for one, we got a new car. Yep, it's official. My husband few to Cleveland, purchased his "dream" car, and drove it home July 3rd. I will try to get a photo of it up for you. It is a black Deville Concours, 1998 and he loves it. Me? Im dealing with it. It actually isnt AS big as I imagined, although it barely fits under the carport. It's nice. It's Ok. What can I do? It's ours and will be for a while.

See, this is a great example of life in a marriage. Did I want the car? Did I want to own any type of big, fancy car my grandparents (God rest their souls) would love to drive? No. Am I punishing him now for making this decision that I had not control over? Although I fought it up to the point of purchase, I have to move on. No more punishing, although I have continued teasing him relentlessly, but that's what we do anyway. These are the battles you can either choose to let eat away at you for years to come, or you can say, "Hey, I hate that car out there..." and let it end there. Do I hate the guy that bought it? Of course not. So why let bickering and resentment cloud what it otherwise a happy union. I have, however, made note of the fact that he picked our house and the last two cars we purchased and I have got to have some pretty BIG "picking points" coming to me at some point. Maybe the name of our next child.....

2 Comments:

Blogger PV said...

lol!! loving the sarcasm, tell nate to pick me up in that joker! i bet it's fresh!! sorry tiegs..haah

12:40 PM

 
Blogger andrea said...

I heard it's been named 'black butter'. my sympathies.
though I am looking forward to a late-night cruise in this infamous vehicle.

5:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home