...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

summertime fun



Ah, another vacation pic. This one was taken at the outdoor water park at the Aquarium in Tampa. Nate always laughs when he sees this one because it looks like Luxie is a WWF fighter coming out of the back hallway with smoke surrounding her-and me as her body guard! Those were the days of lots of fun in the sun, and stuff to occupy her 2 year old eager mind.

Speaking of minds, I have been bored out of my mine trying to figure out what to do this summer with all of this rain we've been having. When you are in charge of another human beings entertainment most of the day, it gets a little exhausting when being outside is taken out of the equasion! Finally yesterday we had some sunshine, so I came up with a plan.

I decided to fill her baby tub (the one we used in the bathtub when she was real little) with water and make it a pool out in the yard. A little white trash? Maybe. Odd for our neighborhood? Hardly. So we headed outside with the baby tub, some beach toys, and my cute girl in her swimsuit. It was an hour of fun! She was in, she was out, water was poured in, water was poured out, the hose was squirted, buckets were filled, and mommy sat down and took it all in from afar---relaxing!

I will eventually get a kid pool, but for now it's ghetto fabulous to use the baby tub.

3 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

So funny. Kids don't care! When I was little I was in a really upscale neighborhood and I distinctly remember being about 10 and my neighbor and I getting out Trash cans (the kind that you put at the curb) lining them with a huge trash bag and filling them with water. We thought it was genious! Now I look back and laugh at what the neighbors must of thought. :) We wanted to market the idea!

9:06 AM

 
Blogger andrea said...

love it. that photo is hilarious, too.

9:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Hey, that sounds like fun for anyone! When the kids were little we bought one of those slides that you rolled out onto the ground and you ran and slid. It was fun for awhile, but nothing seemed to take the place of 'the pool'! Try fitting 3 into a Wal-Mart economy super small pool and keep water in it while they went down the built in slide on the side, plus 6000 swim toys that MUST BE KEPT IN THE POOL!

1:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home