...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Top 5's

Here are my Top 5 things I swore I would never do/have happen to me, but somehow or another have experienced.

5. "My child will never act like that." Oh yeah? Any person who ever utters those words will live to eat them. I have a usually very well behaved two year old who for some reason has created this alter ego that emerges only at crucial moments or on important occasions. I swore my child would never throw tantrums in public--and I've lived thru at least 10 of them now. I swore my child would never run wildly thru a store with me chasing after her--let's see, there was the Aquarium, the Mall, the Cheesecake Factory...I swore my child would never wear those freakishly unmatched outfits that many a child has been seen in--now I just thank God she put on some clothes today. My little blessing:)

4. "I will never have bugs in my house." Well....that was before I moved down south. See, up north, where Im from, you only have bugs if you are messy or dirty or live in a log cabin, or for some reason you left the door open and they flew inside. Down here, it's like you havent lived until you see your first 3 inch cockroach strolling across the kitchen floor. Dont get me wrong, we immediately called Orkin and thank the Lord the pests are under control. But never in my life did I think I'd see bugs like that in my house.

3. "I'll never have credit card debt." HAAAA HAAAA HAAA! AAAA! HAAAAAAA! OH! HEEE! Wheewww! Man oh man oh man! To be a teenager again and dream those silly dreams. No, we really arent that bad off, but I truly did think we could be one of those couples to "pay of the balance" each month. Apparently I have a problem with setting my expectations too high.

2. "I will always stay in shape, I just love to exercise too much, and it's so important." Again, what silly utterings from a 20something year old who had all the time in the world to take long walks, go for a run, take a dance class, do "leg lifts" ha! Now it has been almost three years since Ive done more than chase my daughter around. In fact, I think I have actually found cellulite on my knees...my knees! Ok, now I have to admit I come from small people, so I am thankful that if I find the right clothes I can fake it like Im in pretty good shape. But heaven knows getting in a swimsuit on vacation was a humbling experience.

1. "I'll never get to live my dreams." Thankfully this has not happened. I am actually living the life I love. It may not be what I thought my dreams would be, but these are dreams come true. A husband who loves me and is truly an amazing guy. A beautiful daughter who embodies unconditional love. A house, food to eat, a family to love and who loves me, friends. Really, these are dreams come true.

4 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

Totally enjoyed your blog :) I swore the same thing on working out.... however my daily dose stopped as soon as I got sick with Owen.... 10 weeks after he was born I tried and threw my back out! Since then I have maybe worked out 3 times. And with now being sick again I'm sure it will be another year and a half. It's refreshing to hear another girl say they have cellulite... me 2... more than ever. But even at my fittest I had it... genetic. oh well.

9:05 PM

 
Blogger andrea said...

well, I can personally relate to every single thing on this list. seriously. I hear you, sister. I hear you.

9:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are quite an inspiration, keep up the good work.

10:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes... I can relate to all of them.... and I think most people can! Hey! That was a funny blog! Enjoyed reading it! I remember saying that I would never quit working out and staying in shape, but now I just shoot for a 20 minute walk with the dogs for my goal of day and look forward to my 15 popsicles at night watching TV!

9:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home