...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Monday, November 28, 2005

Quote of the Week

"The chief drawback to bitterness is that the feast you are wolfing down is yourself." ~Frederick Buechner

I really love this quote because I have some things in my life I just cant seem to get over, and I sometimes find myself sinking into the deeper parts of my anger or bitterness and enjoying a little feast of "whys?" and "shouldnt haves." When I heard this quote it really spoke to me about once again learning to let go.

3 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

That's really good. I can tend to struggle with that too. My brother talked in a sermon this weekend about not being offended... he talked about how getting offended and bitter is bait laid out by the devil. He went on much more than that. But i know I'm praying through a lot of that stuff.

4:22 PM

 
Blogger andrea said...

yes, those are certainly words I need to post somewhere in my home. so that I can read them everyday!

5:45 PM

 
Blogger meridith said...

what a great quote. very timely too.

8:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home