...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Baptism by fire

First of all, anyone else think its a little crazy that my "almost three year old" is in size 3 diapers at bedtime, and my 5 week old just started wearing size 2? Granted, the size 2's are a little big, but the 1's were getting too small! Her explosive bowel movements were no longer being contained by the 1's! They aer two different body types completely!

Anyway, on to my story...
Yesterday morning just before leaving for Bible Study with both girls, I had to change Zaine's diaper. Like usual the moment I laid her down she decided to go, so I waited patiently for her to signal me she had finished. And like usual the minute I had the new diaper on her she decided to go again! Finally it seemed as if I was in the clear I and started to change her again. About that time Luxie ran in the room pretending to be Squirt, "surfing her web", and just hanging around us. She loves pulling up the shade and staring out the window talking about all she sees outside in "Sunny Patch", but the window just happens to be situated right at the end of the changing table.

As I lifted Zaine's legs and bottom off the table she sneezed and as if it were in slow motion I watched a spray of poo fly thru the air and pelt the left side of Luxie's body. I let out one of those "AAAAAA" mom sounds as I watched Luxie jump away from the window. She then looked at me and looked down at her clothes, spotted with Zaine's "surprise". I began to giggle. Luxie looked at me again. "oh NO!" she cried. I tried to hold on to some restraint. "Zaine sneezed and poopie went everywhere!" I said, trying to get Zaine back in a diaper. "Poopie everywhere!" she said in dismay. I helped her get out of her clothes and slowly we began to giggle together about the experience. It appears Zaine has already learned that she may be smaller, but she can certainly hold her own!

4 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

First off that is so funny, I'm definitely picturing the whole thing. Also my boys are so different in body type! But the other way around. Owen was so thick. Lukas is so long and skinny, his fingers and toes even. Its so funny!

2:43 PM

 
Blogger andrea said...

OMG, that is the funniest thing ever. thanks for the biggest laugh I've had in a while. :)

5:36 PM

 
Blogger AJ Fabulous said...

Holy freak! That was SOOOO FUNNY!!!! I love reading all the hilarious experiences of having little ones. Since I don't have any kids...it surely has been an eye opener! But man...what great stories to tell!

11:12 AM

 
Blogger GJ said...

Wow. I can safely say that is something that NEVER happens at Illingworth Manor (since everyone who lives there has been potty trained for at least 22 years). Very hilarious.

5:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home