...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

have i.....

told you yet that this computer thing is killing me???? I am going crazy. today is Self Portrait Tuesday and I cannot access any of my photos. And the theme this month is "fools" because it is April. So it is a fun month to post photos of yourself. So I am very disappointed!


Today would have been the perfect day to get a bunch of photos posted. Im afraid to tell you why....because....if I say it I know it will go away....this perfect moment. You see, on Tuesdays after Bible Study I bring Luxie's buddy Gabe home with me until around 4pm for a playdate. And today, for the first time in history, they are alllllllllll sleeping! Right now as i type this I have accomplished getting three kids to sleep simultaniously (yes, i have probably incorrectly spelled it but i am so freaking excited i am not going to figure out how to spell it correctly. just go with it...) Luxie hasnt napped in at least a month, although she goes into her room for "rest time" (this is more for mommy's rest than her own) each day for about an hour, but she and zaine almost never rest at the same time. And who would have thought that today of all days, a day when Gabe is here, they would all sleep! And I am sitting here doing what.....blogging. I could be doing one of ten thousand other things i need to do but instead i run to my computer (after saying a quick prayer of "i dont know how you do the things you do but i love how you do it" to God) and start typing. so here i am. without any children vying for my attention. and with a husband doing something else other than using his computer. and i am feeling so alive!

i think i may go get the mail.. outside....alone....and maybe i will take my time doing it....i will enjoy the sun....and be very quiet....and even eat a popsicle on the way (because you know you cant ever eat a popsicle with kids around or everybody has to have a popsicle). and maybe i will even go talk to my husband in his studio....alone....without having a child interrupt me....and maybe i can even lay right here...on the couch....and close my eyes for just a minute....and have a little rest time of my own...

oh the possibilities...

3 Comments:

Blogger meridith said...

haha! you captured that moment so well :)

5:30 PM

 
Blogger mommy zabs said...

3 to bed... you are a champ! :)

8:54 PM

 
Blogger GJ said...

HaHa - this so funny and awesome.

10:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home