...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Sunday, May 14, 2006

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY/Self Portrait Tuesday 5.16


Grandma Mavis, mom, and me, age 8

I wanted to get this up by Mother's Day, but my computer is still struggling and i am typing this with a black screen that comes in once every few seconds. So I have to be brief. This is one of my all time favorite photos, the three generations together on Mother's Day in 1981. I would have loved to have had my Grandma meet my girls, but unfortunately she passed away in 1997 just two weeks after her husband, my Grandpa Bert. So as I type this on my black screen, I am thinking about my mom, and her mom, and all that these two ladies did to help make me the woman I am today. And I am grateful. Happy belated Mother's Day to all my favorite gals, and to those of you I dont know, a Happy Mother's Day too. And especially to you, mom. I love you.

2 Comments:

Blogger meridith said...

i love all these old photos you've been posting lately! it's so fun to see them.

6:27 PM

 
Blogger AJ Fabulous said...

what an amazing photo to have! i never met my mom's mom...and i wish so bad i could have. she passed away when i was 3, and lived in el salvador. the good news is, i will get to meet her one day in heaven!

5:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home