...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas 2004

Hi folks, I have already posted this on a message board I like to visit, but thought it was fitting for my blog. Merry Christmas!

Hope you all are having a great time celebrating with family and friends on the day we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. We had a little celebration here at our home today, and then we will have my husband's family over and celebrate again later this week. (Let's see how many times I can use the word "celebrate" in one post.)

I have a funny story to tell. We went to Christmas Eve service last night and at the end of service we celebrated :) communion. Well there was a family behind us with three young boys...probably 4-10 years old. The guy behind me was about 8. After they passed out the juice cups we were all waiting to drink and suddenly we heard his cup break....and then I felt drops of grape juice landing in my hair! (we were in a balcony section so i was a little below him.) I grabbed my hair as a natural reaction and laughed a little when I felt grape juice drops all over it. Then the boy's mom realized it had gotten on me and started scolding him, he was mumbling that the juice was leaking out of the broken cup and he didnt know what to do. At the same time the pastor asked us to drink and then we started singing the final song. The boy's family got up to leave quickly and he said a humble, "Sorry," as he left. I smiled and told him "Dont worry! No big deal," and as he walked away I noticed a great big grape juice stain on his chair. Poor fella. As a kid there's not much worse than holding a tiny broken cup of grape juice and having to sit there while it leaks all over your lap...and spilling it on the lady sitting in front of you! Hope he had a better day today. And hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home