...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Monday, December 13, 2004

Whew

I finally have a chance to sit down and write! I started a post last night "10 things my husband has to say about me..." but he left it blank, (I know he's got SOMETHING to say, he's just too busy to say it), so I have to start fresh today. Let's see. I guess I will answer a few more from my list of 100 things about me.

Ok, I will start with the second #29 (the one in the middle of the 30's due to my misnumbering!) "I was a rocker chick in high school." Let's face it, wasn't every girl graduating in the late 80's early 90's a rocker chick? No? Well the girls at my school were either that or athletes. I was a little of both until my Junior year, and after that it was all about the music. (ha!)

No, I did not wear fringe (as my husband would have you believe) but I definitely had the "claw" bangs, big hairsprayed hair, tight tight jeans, jean coat, and boots. But that was what we wore! It wasnt like I was a freak at my school, I blended right in!

In regards to music, during high school it was all about the hair. No, just kidding. I guess you could say my favorite groups at that time were Guns-n-Roses, (Use your Illusion 1 and 2 were amazing!) Motley Crue (this was after the "Shout At the D.." stage) Van Halen (late David Lee Roth/early Sammy Haggar was best) and Skid Row. Oh yeah, I also liked Cinderella, Tesla, and The Cult. There were lots of lesser known artists that Im ashamed to mention. Some groups were a little too wimpy for me, like Bon Jovi, Warrant, Winger, and Firehouse (gag.) And other groups were way too hard, like Metallica (remember the story I told about the video for "One"?) Ratt, Anthrax, Megadeath, and those.

After high school I moved to Seattle and happened to experience the birth of grunge first hand. I remember hearing Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" right as the Seattle stations got ahold of it, and my roommate and I were so intrigued. She bought the album and several weeks later we were all playing it regularly. After that it was all about Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Alice In Chains, (the Seattle bands.) About six months later I came across Red Hot Chili Peppers and that was my rotation for the next year or so.

As time went by I lost track of music for a while. I did like some of the Stone Temple Pilots music, and still liked Nirvana and Red Hot Chili Peppers but didnt follow the rock scene any longer. The take over of pop rap had changed the face of music and I was disillusioned. It was time to toss the tight jeans, grow out the bangs, and embrace the Hammer dance.

2 Comments:

Blogger jon said...

ah..okay that answers the question i posed in my blog. :D

i love bangs. claw bangs, on the other hand....

j.

11:10 PM

 
Blogger lulu said...

what question was that? i glanced thru your blog and couldnt figure it out. lulu

2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home