...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Final Countdown...

...and other random thoughts...

*Tomorrow marks officially two weeks until "D-Day" (delivery day). This is quite overwhelming when I really break it down. Maybe because I actually know the date, maybe because I have a relatively full schedule until then, and maybe--most likely--because this time I know what I am in for. Here's my schedule for the next two weeks:
-Saturday, Baby Shower
-Sunday, Christmas Tree Lighting
-Tuesday, last doctor appointment
-Saturday, Christmas Tea at church
-Saturday nite, Christmas party (maybe)
-Sunday, sister-in-laws birthday
-Monday, mom's anniversary
-Tuesday, mom arrives
-Wednesday, BIRTHDAY and BIRTH DAY

all of this along with still needing to:
-finish Christmas preparations
-get crib mattress and various baby supplies
-clean
-pack
-spend time alone and with Nate and with Luxie before baby comes

I am feeling the heat but really trying to enjoy these last days of normalcy.


**I made meatloaf tonight, for the first time ever. This may not be a big deal to most of you, but it is a landmark moment in our family! I just dont cook very well. I think the biggest reason is because I dont really enjoy it, but I also just dont have a big interest in food quality in general, so I dont like to spend a lot of time thinking about it. I like to eat good food, but I also eat a lot of boring food and dont mind it. My husband is a great cook, and enjoys quality food, so there is some pressure to deliver in the kitchen. But he has been very patient with me (considering we have been married over 8 years and I am just now coming around to cooking meals..) and I am really trying to gain more interest in it. So I made meatloaf! And it is surprisingly easy! And he liked it a lot! (That could be because we had chicken strips and fries last night...but I'll take it!)


***I am so disappointed in Nick and Jessica splitting. I know this is not a big surprise because they are just another Hollywood couple, but it just bothers me how Hollywood couples treat marriage like some sort of trial period in life that might or might not be given a lot of effort. I know I have no idea what happened in their relationship, but it just seems like everyone is so quick to move on (i.e. Brad and Jen.) Can someone in Hollywood actually make a commitment and stick with it? Without joining a cult, marrying because they are pregnant, or just living together? I want to see a few of these people actually marry and stay married..especially those who claim to represent Christ. Marriage is hard, and I imagine even harder when people are constantly speculating that you are having trouble and heading for divorce. But I cant help feeling like the point is being missed in most of these marriages. You just have to buck up and stick with it, thru the irritating, frustrating, difficult, and trying times, just like you have to with your kids, with your family, with yourself!


****I experienced false labor the other night for about 3 hours, and wow, what an experience! Luxie never even hinted she was ready to come. I had Braxton-Hicks contractions all the time, but she ended up being a week overdue and then I was induced, had an epidural and a c-section, so I never really experienced natural contractions. They were so different than the Braxton-Hicks contractions I have every day! These were very low and actually made my back and right leg hurt terribly. But I really found the experience rewarding in the end--as crazy as that seems! For the first time I got to feel what it might be like to deliver regularly, and I also found that I could handle the pain. I ended the experience feeling like I could take even more (not a lot more, mind you!) But I felt like I had a small glimpse into a world I may never fully grasp because I keep having to have c-sections. So I felt a little blessed by the whole thing!


*****I am excited to say I have almost completed my Christmas shopping! Only two more people to buy for and I am done! Not that gifts are my big focus for the holiday, but of course I want to be sure to give to those who are in my family, and I wanted to be done with it before the baby comes. So now I am feeling a great relief in crossing yet another thing off of my list before I head into the hospital! Just a few more lights and decorations to get up and Christmas prep is complete! Hurray!

Have a great day!

3 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

You have so much going on. I will keep you in my prayers! That is crazy you are having more braxton hicks this time... me too. But not hours of it. Mine are mainly just really tight and uncomfortable... absolutely nothing like my contractions in real labor. I mean the tightness is there, but the absolute pain is not. We;ll see if that changes in the weeks to come since I'm a few weeks behind you. I hear it is different for everyone (what the contractions feel like) so maybe yours do feel like what real labor would feel like. Are you dialated from these at all?

Love you!

1:10 AM

 
Blogger AJ Fabulous said...

YAY for cooking! That is a great accomplishment! With everything that is going on the next couple of weeks, you have a great perspective and seem to have it all in order. Good Luck with everything...and we will all be praying for you and your family!

10:59 AM

 
Blogger GJ said...

I feel crazed - and I don't have a little one or a delivery date that's days away. How are you doing it? I am impressed......

12:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home