...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Saturday, February 25, 2006

meme=FIVE

Call me a meme stealer or a tag-a-long memer. Call me what you will, but I love memes. And because I love memes I jump on the band wagon whenever I see one. And most often I see them over at hulaseventy. Sometimes Im tagged, and other times Im not. Sometimes she leaves it open ended and I see it as my opportunity to join in the fun. So here you go. My meme "five". (my answers are in no particular order)

five movies you wish you could see for the first time, again

1. E.T.
2. Life Is Beautiful
3. The Color Purple
4. The Breakfast Club
5. Places In the Heart

five novels you wish you could read for the first time, again

1. The Age of Innocence~Edith Wharton
2. Pride and Prejudice~Jane Austen
3. My Name Is Asher Lev~Chaim Potok
4. The Great Divorce~CS Lewis
5. Til We Have Faces~CS Lewis

five places you wish you could visit for the first time, again

1. Carraway Lane (Nate's parents old house)
2. Hawaii
3. Newport Beach/Balboa, California
4. The Price Is Right!
5. college, I would have done things so differently!

five foods you wish you could taste for the first time, again

1. white wedding cake
2. Mary Garcia's homemade tortillas (childhood neighbor)
3. star cookies with sprinkles from Fleenor's foodmart
4. salt water taffy
5. Abby's Pizza (it's now called Lorenzo's, but it is the best pizza I have ever tasted, and every time I go home it is like tasting it for the first time again. delicious!)


five common experiences you wish you could have for the first time, again

1. making eyes at my future husband while sitting at a basketball game-- before we truly met.
2. that first amazingly wonderful, long awaited kiss. He was so patient with me!
3. seeing my girls look up at me for the first time with that look that they know I love them.
4. first day of school - there was so much anticipation, planning of clothes, notebook, where to meet your friends, what to take for lunch, checking out the cute boys, etc.
5. doing a roundoff, backhandspring, back tuck. what an accomplishement, and I wont be doing that again any time soon!

4 Comments:

Blogger AJ Fabulous said...

mmmmmm...homemade tortillas! YES!!! And you must have been a gymnast! How cool! I was a gymnast for about 10 years. I had that same feeling when I did my first Giant on the bars...so I completely relate!

11:20 AM

 
Blogger GJ said...

"making eyes at my future husband".....LOOOOOVE it.

4:38 PM

 
Blogger chellebelle007 said...

Wow..are you my twin? I thought I was the only one that still craved Fleenor's star cookies w/ sprinkles after 20+ years! And Abby's..OMG..the best!!!

12:14 PM

 
Blogger lulu said...

i must be...let me see, you must be from my hometown. can you give me a clue as to who you might be?

10:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home