...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Calling all Blurkers!

Are you a blurker? Do you find yourself dropping by the blog world for a quick peek at people's lives, reading to your hearts content and then quietly disappearing until you need another fix? Do you have a special blog bookmarked that you frequently visit but at which you have never posted a comment? Are you reading this right now with no intention of revealing your identity or your fascination with my not so glamorous life? (thanks jo: ) If this is the case, Im afraid you are a blurker.

My brother-in-law Ward at the Wardomatic posted a great blog about Blurkers that I could not find for the life of me, but it got me thinking....just who IS reading this thing? Ok, maybe there are only six of you, well, seven if you count the recent comment by my cousin April. Or eight if you count me too. And I think my mom reads this so that would be nine. But I have to know....are there MORE? If you feel so inclined...if you are ready to drop this facade and make yourself known...if you are ready to baptize yourself into the blog world, TODAY IS THE DAY! RAISE YOUR HAND AND SAY "YES! YES! I READ THIS BLOG! NO LONGER WILL I LIVE IN FEAR AND HIDE MYSELF BEHIND MY COMPUTER SCREEN. IM READY TO SHOW THE BLOG WORLD MY TRUE IDENTITY! I ACCEPT THAT THIS IS WHO I AM AND I WILL NO LONGER BE ASHAMED TO COMMENT WITH MY REAL NAME! I...AM...A...FIRST...CLASS...BLURKER!"

Or you can decide not to post a comment and that will be fine too.

Good day.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, you got me - I read your blog.

I'm a big Mars ILL fan and often read your comments on their board, as well as Sphere of Hip-Hop. When I saw you had a blog, I started reading it...and then subscribed to it so it's among the other 100 or so feeds I read.

Since I have 3 kids myself, I appreciate reading the parenting angle of somebody involved in the music industry.

peace,

Bill

12:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kendra! Surprised?! Yep, I occasionally eavesdrop into your life and read your blog...been reading for about a year, I guess. Why have I never told you? Well... I guess I like secretly knowing more about you than you would probably tell a friend face-to-face. Few of your readers probably know the real-life Kendra as well as the
Kendra of LuLu's World.

By the way, your girls are even cuter in the flesh! :-)

Love, Angela V.

4:33 PM

 
Blogger Angie said...

I'm a blurker. This is how I found your blog (if you're interested): I was browsing through flickr when I noticed a flickr user by the name of "wardomatic". I was curious about the name, so I checked out his pics. Then I began looking at his wife's pictures and moved on to her blog, which brought me to yours.

I've been reading your blog for, oh, about 3 or 4 months now.

7:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too. Mars Ill fan and truely love what you have to say about your kids.

I have a 2-year old myself and one due in August. It is just nice to hear another perspective on things.

thanks for being true.

Brent Young
Minnesota

9:27 AM

 
Blogger AJ Fabulous said...

I love reading your blog! I obviously post comments...but I can remember the first time I posted a comment on your blog...it's such an interesting feeling the first time you post on someone new's blog. I REALLY hope we can all hook up at GMA so I can meet the Fabulous Lulu in person!

10:53 AM

 
Blogger lulu said...

Wow! i am really surprised! I wondered if there were a few mars ill fans reading, and i am also surprised about you Angela! And the comment from Angie. this is fun! thanks so much for reading, and for your boldness in revealing yourselves.

11:01 AM

 
Blogger GJ said...

I'm here and I'm reading....because your life IS so glamorous!

11:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another Mars Ill/DS5 fan (in St. Louis). I followed a link from either the forums or Dust's page on the DS5 site almost a year ago.

1:37 PM

 
Blogger andrea said...

well, not exactly a blurker here but i do love your blog. faithful reader from the beginning.

4:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I've read your blog for a few months - and I think I've posted some comments too.. I like your stories about your girls and your family - thanks for your all your honesty!

10:33 PM

 
Blogger Maggie May said...

Okay, I'm coming clean: I read your blog. My cousin Molly has a blog linked to Andrea's blog, and somehow or other I ended up on yours. What a pleasant surprise--I love Mars ILL. I also have nephews the same age as your girls and I LOVE kids, so I love reading about their antics and their growth. Your writing is great, thanks! Stop by my blog someday if you feel like it...

~Maggie

9:09 AM

 
Blogger AJ's Cafe said...

Kendra,
Yes, I read your blogs - great way to keep in touch and keep it real!
Reminds me of my life oh, say, 13 years ago....
Keep on keeping on!
AJ

3:14 PM

 
Blogger meridith said...

this is great! i am not a blurker...but i love this post and i wish that if i have any blurkers they would show their identity. it's so much more fun that way!!! i love your blog and more than that i love that we have somehow become friends through it even though we will truly meet in person for the first time in just a few weeks. so many times in the past year i have been encouraged by my new found blog friends. so many days that i was down, knowning you guys are all there has kept me going. i met luxie at christmas and i have known nate for awhile......now i just need to meet kendra and zaine!!!! i can't wait!!!!!!

6:23 PM

 
Blogger Hydro74Girl said...

i have at admit i'm a blurker. i've been reading your blog for a while. i love reading what you have to say and your girls are so adorable.

10:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey lady!
I do stop in here from time to time to see what my old college roomie is up to, and laugh about how similiar our lives still are!
Kristen

2:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home