...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Monday, May 29, 2006

"Butterfingers"

I was browsing the internet at the coffee table while eating my lunch. Borrowing Nate's computer because, as you know, mine is a pest. As I grabbed my water glass i bumped the side of the laptop and SPILLED A HALF A GLASS OF WATER ON THE COMPUTER--KEYBOARD AND SPEAKERS. As I screamed out "LORD JESUS HELP ME (partially out of fear of ruining the computer and partially out of fear of having to tell Nate I had ruined the computer....the one he does all of his artwork on, the one with his beats and the one that has not been backed up for a while...) I grabbed the computer and flipped it upside down hoping to stop the flow into the computer, and water poured out onto the floor. I then screamed out to Luxie "Grab a towel! Mommy had a big accident! Hurry! Hurry!"

When things had cooled down I had to call nate and break the news to him over the phone. He was out to lunch with Sev and Greg, and I just hated calling him with them around. I mean, who wants to call and share a story like this when your husband is with his buddies? But he was near the house and i thought i better get him home quickly in case there was some way to salvage things. So i explained the situation and begged for his forgiveness, and he raced home to survey the damage. That's when the computer started to sizzle. Yes, sizzle. No smoke, but lots of odd pops and sizzles. Nate rushed to link it to the heavy duty studio computer and back up what he could before we lost it all. And all the while it sizzled and popped. And then the noise stopped.

Five hours later the back up was complete and the computer was still working. And is still working. I am typing this on it right now.

Who says God doesnt answer prayers? Who says miracles cant happen? I give you this....the tale of the waterlogged computer.

4 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

that is literally like, one of my worst nightmares (in computer world, anyway). I can't believe it's still working! hooray!

10:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have done things like that too and it just scares one to death! God does answer prayer, and that's for sure. He has bailed me out plenty of times. Just today as I went to work, I prayed that He would help me with two problems that I had been worrying about the whole weekend, and, sure enough....He did. By noon, they were solved...and He answered my prayers...Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound.

7:58 PM

 
Blogger meridith said...

oh my gosh, i was so nervous for you while i was reading this! i am so glad it's ok!!!

1:13 PM

 
Blogger GJ said...

Reading that made my stomach churn.........my laptop is old and about to give out - and it has both my books on it! I'm glad things weren't lost.......

9:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home