...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Monday, November 29, 2004

Top 5 Thanksgiving moments

Here they are....my Top 5 Thanksgiving moments. But I gotta make em quick because I am REALLY sleepy and want to catch a nap while the girl is resting too.

5. The dual meltdown. Our daughter and her cousin, who's 4, had simultaneous meltdowns around 6:30pm. Completely overstimulated and just plain tired of the whole thing.

4. The small quarrel between my husband and his brother, who is staying with us. My husband moved his "stuff" (i.e.everything he brought with him for the trip) to a bedroom rather than the middle of his studio (he's a single guy who lives alone in a tiny NYC apartment. Not used to people moving his things.) This caused a short bickering session that dampened the mood for a few hours. Reminds me of something Gwyneth Paltrow once said on Letterman. He asked her what they were having for thanksgiving. She replied, "Oh, the usual. Some turkey, some stuffing, and a big bowl of bickering." "Bickering?" he asked. She answered him, "Yeah, doesnt every family serve up some bickering during the holidays?"

3. Feeding the ducks with papa. It was my daughter's first time feeding the ducks and she had a ball. We've been back twice since.

2. All the delicious Thanksgiving food! Our fridge has never been so full, and we are loving every minute of it. And very thankful for all that we were able to enjoy.

1. ????? At this point in time I am not able to share my favorite memory! But if all goes well I should be posting it up in a few weeks. Keep a watchful eye and soon you will know my #1 Thanksgiving moment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home