...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Quote of the Week

"Here comes the stinker!"

Before I begin to post about this week's quote, I thought I'd get us started with this favorite photo of Luxie at 4 months.



This is what it's all about. When I see this shot all the hard work, sleepless nights and temper tantrums dissolve into perfect puddle of Hershey's Kisses, sweet smelling roses and my undying devotion.

Which leads me to my quote of the week and the funny story behind it.

While shopping at the thrift store this week Luxie saw a bundle of bibs hanging on the wall. As she began trying them on she would ask me what each one said. It just so happened the first one said "Here comes trouble!"

"Mama, what dis one say?"
"Ha!" I said. "That's a good one for you, it says 'Here comes trouble!"
"What dat?" she asked with an expression only a two year old can muster. See, we dont use the word 'trouble' much in our house, but we do use a couple of other words like 'rascal' and 'stinker.'
"Well, it's like, 'Here comes the stinker!" And before I could finish she started cracking up into a hysterical fit of laughter!
"Hee comes da stinka!" she proclaimed in a fit of giggles.

And I couldnt help but join her. Because as much as she is a little stinker sometimes, that little stinker can manage to be the cutest stinker I've ever seen. Maybe it is because I got to share that funny moment with her. Maybe it is because her new found recognition of humor has been so fun to witness. Maybe it is because I get to catch a glimpse of that bright eyed baby in her delicious laughter. It was my favorite moment this week.

4 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

awe very sweet.
it's crazy how they have such a huge part of our hearts!

12:14 AM

 
Blogger andrea said...

that's one good moment all right. I just love our cute little stinkers.

oh and I absolutely LOVE that pic of luxie.

11:48 PM

 
Blogger Sheela said...

so cute...

9:38 AM

 
Blogger AJ Fabulous said...

What a fun moment between mother and daughter! I LOVE IT! I bet it has been such a busy time...Good Luck with everything!

10:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home