...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Thursday, September 15, 2005

GROSS!

Today after loading Luxie into the car, I walked toward the back of it to go around to my side and walked straight into a GIANT SPIDER'S WEB! AAAAAA! I hate spiders! I immediately launched into the biggest freak out of the century, shaking my head from side to side, bending over and clawing at my hair, face and back, all while screaming out such ridiculous things as "oh my gosh! oh my gosh!" "aaaaaaaaaah!" "ick ick ick ick ICK!" "gross, so gross, so gross." And as ridiculous as I might have appeared to anyone watching, I didnt care. All that kept running thru my mind was "MUST GET SPIDER OFF OF ME! MUST GET SPIDER OFF OF ME!"

After settling down a bit I glanced up at what remained of the web and there sat the biggest, hairiest spider I have seen in a long time. Thank the LORD he wasnt on me, but just the sight of him was enough to send me into another gross out episode. I thru a couple of sticks at him in an attempt to thoroughly destroy the web (OK, more to show him who was boss) because you know he will just start rebuilding the minute you walk away and then the very next day another huge, elaborate web will be right across the path again. Every little tickle on my skin is obviously a spider now, and I've not stopped having the willies every since it happened. OOOO! I hate spiders.

3 Comments:

Blogger meridith said...

oh no! that must have been awful!! and yes please feel free to add a quote of the week!!! how fun :)

6:13 PM

 
Blogger andrea said...

eewwww! it seems as if we are constantly walking into webs at our house, too and I just hate that feeling... plus, we have a spider (with elaborate web to match) in our yard that looks like something pictured in national geographic, seriously.

I am now going to email you a link to a HILARIOUS blog entry about another guy's saga with a spider. I think you'll appreciate it.

1:03 PM

 
Blogger mommy zabs said...

Yuck i hate spiders too!

1:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home