...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Quote of the Week

Each weekend I have decided to do a "quote of the week" inspired by Meridith over at non sequitor (again, I apologize for my missing links as well as my inability to properly post them in my blog...)

I have never been very big into poetry, although I fully and completely respect it as an art, but occasionally I find a piece that really touches me. So with that, here is this week's quote.


I walked a mile with Pleasure, She chattered all the way;
But left me none the wiser, For all she had to say.
I walked a mile with Sorrow And ne'er a word said she;
But, oh, the things I learned from her
When Sorrow walked with me!
~Robert Browning Hamilton

5 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

that's lovely... definately one for my journal.

3:02 PM

 
Blogger andrea said...

okay, I can't believe I just spelled 'definitely' wrong.

3:04 PM

 
Blogger meridith said...

that's simply beautiful!

6:22 PM

 
Blogger mommy zabs said...

absolutely true. And andrea that is a word I spell wrong all the time

10:44 PM

 
Blogger lulu said...

I just love that quote, and find it so beautiful too. thanks for the comments! and andrea, nate and I were cracking up last year when we both learned at the same time that we had been spelling definitely wrong for the last, oh, 15-20 years : )

7:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home