...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Quote of the Week

I love Proverbs. Somewhat random thoughts one after another that can really make you think about many different aspects of your life, from troublesome neighbors to money, overeating to the state of your heart. Occasionally I will choose to read thru the book of Proverbs in the Bible, which has so much wisdom to offer. Like hundreds of little fortune cookies listed one after another (except these nuggets were ordained by God :) The book of Proverbs was written by King Solomon around 950 BC for the purpose of "attaining wisdom and discipline," and that is exactly what happens when you read it--you gain wisdom and insight into how you might become more disciplined in your life.

Once I wrote down every Proverb that pertained to wives, and wow there were some doosies! This was one of those readings that made me pause and examine myself. I like when something I read does that for me.

"A quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping on a rainy day;
restraining her is like restraining the wind or grasping oil with the hand."
Proverbs 27:15-16

4 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

very good proverb. I find myself in those kinda moods at times and need to be reminded.

1:42 PM

 
Blogger meridith said...

i love proverbs too! very often i will read the proverb that corresponds with the day of the month....like yesterday i read the 24th chapter. it's good when you need to have a quiet time and don't know what to read.

2:51 PM

 
Blogger andrea said...

oh, ouch. that one hit me square between the eyes! great scripture, though. don't show this to ward. ha. (just kidding).

10:31 PM

 
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

a very good proverb. I think quarrelling seems different from "fighting". quarreling, to me, is more like arguing, sometimes just for the sake of arguing, more of a nagging, just because that's the mood you're in...does that make sense?
so this is definitely a good proverb, and obviously good for women!(me included, of course)

9:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home