...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Friday, September 23, 2005

what we're watching...

Each fall that a new season of television begins I sit down and make a list of the shows that sound interesting or that I really enjoyed the year before. I visit each network's website and write down the day and time the show should run as well as the station so I can find it. I realize this is a bit ridiculous, but I really enjoy researching the shows and discovering new little gems!

Honestly, I was a little wary about posting what we will be watching (or begin watching, anyway....sometimes the shows are a little disappointing, right?) But I figure we all have guilty pleasures, so here are a few of ours:

MONDAYS
8:00 Arrested Development
8:30 Kitchen Confidential
9:00 Prison Break

Arrested Development happens to be one of my husband's favorite shows, and I find it very funny too, although I havent watched it much. Kitchen Confidential is a new show out this season about a chef trying to make a comback with a crew of misfits. It was Ok, probably not one I would hate to miss, but it is a good filler for the 8:30 slot. And Prison Break has been really interesting! I actually really like the concept, Im not much in to prison dramas, but this one has just enough mystery to intrigue me. Basically, a guy pretends to hold up a bank to be put in prison alongside his brother, who has been framed for a crime and is due to be executed in 30 days. He has this elaborate plan to bust his brother out, and each episode he runs into trials that could mess up the entire plan. Worth giving it a try if you are looking for something Monday nights.


TUESDAYS
8:00 (Rerun) America's Next Top Model
9:00 My Name Is Earl
9:30 The Office

Ok, Next Top Model is just plain fun--the original episode airs Wednesdays at 8:00 I believe, but we have other plans that night so we have decided to wait to watch til the following Tuesday when they rerun the episode. Earl is supposed to be one of the best new comedies this year, so we are going to give it a try. Ive heard the first episode was really funny but we were watching the Rockstar: INXS finale at the time it aired so we will try to catch up this week. The Office is great. As fans of the original series, and having watched the American version last season, I can honestly say I really like this show. I hope it makes it.


WEDNESDAYS
8:00 Martha Stewart's The Apprentice
9:00 LOST

Alright, we are giving Martha the benefit of the doubt. The show is set up exactly like the Donald Trump version, so if you like the original format you will like hers too. She's not as intimidating as The Don, but the applicants are certainly as irritating and fun to watch as the others. LOST is one of my favorites, not his, although he does like to be filled in on what happens. I just love a show that has a little mystery, a little suspense, keeps rolling with new storylines, and doesnt bore me. It is unlike anything else (or was, until this new television season started) so it has been really enjoyable for me to watch. The new season started this week and the first episode pulled me right back in!


THURSDAYS
8:00 Survivor/ALIAS
9:00 The Apprentice

Survivor is our top priority on Thursdays, having been fans since the beginning. I was originally a big ALIAS fan, season 1 was so good, but it has slowly gone away from the original concept and the storyline has been quite inconsistent so I have lost some interest in it. So we will probably be taping it to watch over the weekend just for fun. The mystery regarding Michael Vaughn's "First of all, my name isnt Michael Vaughn" statement just before the car crash finale last spring will be resolved soon, and I really hope it brings the show back to its original intrigue. Of course The Apprentice is just pure reality fun.

Other than that, there isnt much excitement over the weekend for us. I will say there are some other shows that I have heard great things about, but havent taken the time to view, including:

Veronica Mars
Everybody Hates Chris
Invasion
Entourage
The Comeback (recently cancelled)

Anyhoo, that's how we are spending most of our evenings--what about you? Any other favorites out there?

6 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

I'm looking forward to Sunday nights, Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives. I also think Boston Legal is halariuos but I am not sure what night it is on.
EW Smallville too.

8:59 PM

 
Blogger meridith said...

i like grey's anatomy too, too bad we have church on sunday nights. :(

i really like your list and i want to check some of these out. i want to see earl. i love what i have seen of arrested development and the office. scrubs is probably my fav but i am never home to see it. also a big 'top model' fan. gotta love the drama!! i also really love this hillarious show on comedy central called 'stella'. random and hillarious.

2:54 PM

 
Blogger lulu said...

i like grey's anatomy too, although I have only seen it a couple of times. i just cant stay up that late sometimes, as ridiculous as it sounds!

3:29 PM

 
Blogger andrea said...

yesyesyes to 'arrested development' and 'the office' and (of course) the top model show... is it wrong how much I love that show? wow, and I hadn't heard of kitchen confidential. that sounds kinda cool. as always, I will be following survivor. and m. stewarts' apprentice. man, i'm SO ticked about the cancellation of 'the comeback"... I was so digging that show. just different and so funny and I loved it. oh well. at least I have the first season on tape. oh, and I could REALLY use another season of 'project runway' on bravo... crossing my remote-control crazy little fingers.

10:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lady,
Kristen here. I just popped in to your blog, to see what was going on in your world these days. I had to post and tell you that I am sitting here laughing that your tv line-up is IDENTICAL, and I mean IDENTICAL, to mine. We have somehow, across the years, managed to keep our tv shows in common. We've come a long way since Melrose Place, haven't we? Miss you!
Kristen Howerton

3:23 AM

 
Blogger lulu said...

so glad to hear from you! I hope your little one is GREAT! Ah, Melrose Place....has it been that long! Im proud to share the same television viewing schedule with you!

6:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home