...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Quote of the Week

Luxie is still sick, but the sickness has moved from fever to snotty, terrible phlegm induced coughing fits. Here's a conversation we had last night (warning: do not read if you are eating--I reference her getting sick....)


She'd been coughing all day, but like most kids doesnt realize the point is to get the stuff out, so instead she swollows. In the end most kids end up vomiting because they get so much mucus in their bellies that they feel terrible. We have been praying for her, and telling her that God was going to heal her little body. Letting her know that fever was her body gets rid of the sick. When her fever finally ended after 3 days we thanked God for taking care of her and let her know she was getting better.

So last night before bed she felt terrible. She was laying down while I read her a few stories (Nate was out with his dad) and started coughing real hard--and caused herself to get sick. By the way, this is the first time she's ever thrown up so it was pretty shocking to me too! After taking care of clean up I went to her and said, "Are you ok?"
"Yeah," she said.
"Are you all done getting sick" I asked?
"Yeah, I feel better" she answered.
"Your body is trying to get rid of the sick, so you can get better."
"Oh" she said.

Then I picked her up and she she snuggled in to me and said, "Thank you Lord."

"Thank you, Lord" she was thanking God for helping her feel better by throwing up. How amazing is that? When I am sick the last thing I think about is thanking God. She taught me something about faith last night.

1 Comments:

Blogger meridith said...

oh bless her heart that is so sweet!

*and by the way thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, you seem like such a wonderful, fun and sweet person too and i hope we do get to meet someday!!! :)

5:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home