...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Quote of the Week

"There's gotta be more to life than just making out." Stephanie Zanone/Michelle Pfeiffer, Grease 2

Grease 2. Yes I know, Grease is the biggie, the best, the one we all love the most. But Michelle Pfeiffer in Grease 2 was, for a short time in my young life, the girl I dreamed of being. See, as cool as it was that Sandy from the original Grease was a good girl turned hot mama, Stephanie, in Grease 2, is already a Pink Lady when the show begins. She is the coolest of the Pink Ladies, and the prettiest. And she is willing to give it all up to find that guy on the motorcycle who wont show his face. She falls so hard for him that she has to give up her jacket because she just doesnt love Johnny anymore. The girls cant believe it, "But what about Johnny?" they ask as they make their way across the track during the guy's practice. "There's gotta be more to life than just making out," she replies, with her black shades on and skin tight leather pants. Wow. So cool.

In fact, just to show my love for the film and for Stephanie Zanone, and to prove to you just how cool she was, I will post some of the lyrics to her most popular song from the show, "Cool Rider."

"I want a Cooooool Rider, a Cool, Cool, Cool, Cool Rider,
If he's cool enough, he can burn me through and through, whoooaaaaa.
If it takes forever, then I'll wait forever,
No ordinary boy, no ordinary boy is gonna do,
I want a rider that's cool."

5 Comments:

Blogger GJ said...

There certainly is more to life than making out....but MAN....I sure do like to kiss my husband!

3:26 PM

 
Blogger lulu said...

ha! I agree! and I just realized the irony of what I posted on your blog and then you coming to post here! thanks for stopping by :)

4:09 PM

 
Blogger meridith said...

oh my gosh, i LOVE grease 2. i love the first movie too....but #2 has a special place in my heart. michelle pfieffer was so cool! i remember watching this movie over and over and over when i was about 10 and it was on HBO. is it sandy's cousin she hooks up with? i thought he was so cute!!!

7:51 PM

 
Blogger mommy zabs said...

love love love it!

11:00 PM

 
Blogger andrea said...

I love to picture you singing this song, so funny. I never really got into grease 2 but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the greatness... so do your thang and sing it!

7:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home