...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Life

*Zaine had her 6 month doctor appointment this past week. She weighed in at 16.8 lbs, which is in the 50th percentile, very normal. Based on Luxie's 3 year appointment this past March, she and her sister are now just 10 lbs apart! Luxie weighed in at 26 lbs on the dot, and that was with clothes. She is in the 5th percentile for weight. It appears that about a year from now they will weigh the same! And Zaine might be taller! This isnt because Zaine is some sort of "baby giant" but because Lux is so small, although very proportionate. It just goes to show you that every child really is very different!

*Luxie has her first VBS this week and I am so excited for her! Some of my favorite kid memories are from VBS and I know she will really enjoy 5 straight days with her buddies. I cant wait to hear all about it!

*We are traveling with the girls to Washington state for my family reunion in July. I am actually really excited to take the trip, especially because Nate will be coming along with me : ) You may recall last summer I made the trip back to visit my parents with Luxie while I was pregnant. It's just so much easier with Nate along! And he hasnt seen some of my family for years (actually, either have I.) It's been almost 10 years since Ive seen some of my aunts and uncles who live in other parts of the Northwest, and it's been almost 4 years since Nate has been back with me. The reunion will be in Portland, OR and I will post some pics when we return!

*Other than that, life is pretty normal. Lots of "pretending" going on around here--Luxie IS "Lightening McQueen" and that is what we are expected to call her. She has 4 different Lightening cars and every single one of the McDonald's Happy Meal cars (thanks PaPa and family for helping us collect them : ) She has seen the movie twice now and is fully immersed into the storyline. I am usually Flo or Sally, and Nate is Doc. Zaine ends up being Thunder (the Chick Hick car that races against Lightening.) She has even gone so far as to wear red most days and has asked us to tape numbers to her hips. On the Deepspace 5 song "Hold Your Head Up" (which she thinks is titled "Hold Your HAND Up") she asks us to "Hold our WHEELS up."

Life is good!

2 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

wow things sound so great! That is awesome. So cute that lux is so into pretending! :) and Lu's 6 mos appt is in 2 weeks. I wonder how much he;ll weigh! :) Wish you guys lived closer.

9:44 PM

 
Blogger meridith said...

that is so cute about luxie's pretending. how awesome that you have a fun trip to look forward to.

11:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home