...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Monday, June 19, 2006

Owen : )




Owen is one of the buddies Luxie hangs out with at church. She actually hangs out with all boys, because the same boys are in her class while Im at Bible Study, and it just so happens that most of the girls she plays with are a year or more older than her. So she has decided the boys are her buddies. AJ, Gabe, Owen, Nico, these are just a few of the friends she looks forward to seeing each Sunday.

Well, one Sunday AJ was goofing off and started falling down, causing Luxie to laugh hysterically. The other boys joined in and so did Luxie. But Owen decided it was pretty neat how Luxie kept laughing, and each Sunday as we dropped her off at class Owen would hit the floor hoping for a laugh from Luxie. Then after class we began finding Owen always real close to Luxie, sometimes holding her hand. And Owen's mom mentioned that he sure talked about her a lot at home, and she wondered if he had a little crush.

Then last Sunday after church I asked who all was there. "AJ?"
"Yeah."
"Gabe?"
"No, he wasnt there today."
"How about Owen?"
"Yeah, he gave me a big hug."
"He did? That was nice!"
"He said, 'I love you, Luxie.'" (she said this with a shy grin.)
"He did? Did you say 'I love you too?'"
"Nooooo!" she said with a big grin.
"Well Owen must really like having you for a friend," I said.
"Yeah, Owen loves me."

And my heart melted. So sweet.

4 Comments:

Blogger meridith said...

that....is.......so precious!

2:46 PM

 
Blogger mommy zabs said...

o wow that is too cute!

2:51 PM

 
Blogger GJ said...

Gorgeous Girl!!!

8:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that makes me cry and tear up! How sweet...Owen loves me! That just melts my heart, and always will....

11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home