...sugar and spice and everything nice...

Monday, July 03, 2006

Rant-om thoughts

* those sneakers with skates on the bottom dont sit well with me. the way the kids hold their feet as they skate on their heels makes me nervous. and how irritating as a teacher! having your class skate around the room!

* as much as i love the idea of a holiday to celebrate our independence from Great Britain, I am not a huge fan of the firecrackers that we use to celebrate that freedom. The random pops and bangs during the middle of the night are getting old, and we are still a day away. And when you live in an area that occasionally has gun shots, it makes the night even more restless than before.

* I sat at my kitchen window with tears in my eyes as I watched this bug stuck in a spider web. I had no way of helping him and like a tragic car accident i couldnt look away as the spider made his way down to the bug and numbed him. spiders stink.

* can roaches get ANY BIGGER? im telling you, it makes me want to leave the south just to get away from the huge bugs. as we parked the car yesterday we drove over one and the van was high centered, i kid you not. (ok, i am just kidding, but the thing was HUGE.)

* have a WONDERFUL FOURTH OF JULY CELEBRATION with your families and friends!

3 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

yes yes leave the south and move north, mid-west. barely any roaches :) less bugs. :)

9:14 AM

 
Blogger meridith said...

happy 4th of july to you too!

*and i agree....columbus is a very nice place to live.....maybe you should come visit :)

10:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 4th to you, Nate, and the girls. We miss them. Enjoyed your blog as usual!

10:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home